#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

21 Months Old

I was pretty frustrated this morning at my digital camera. Our dear friends had given Jackson a Lightning McQueen racer last night for Christmas. He loved it! I have never seen him go from anticipation to excitement like that- he was thrilled. He played with it all night and climbed up on the counter (bad Jackson!) this morning because he saw me put it there last night and he wanted to play with it.

I took a short video of him this morning. He was in a great mood and he was talking about his car- well, "talking" with his limited-but-ever-expanding vocabulary. I wanted to post it to YouTube because it was so cute. But my camera is not co-operating. The last time this happened, I had to buy a new memory card. I think I may have to do that again. Sorry, Beau.

My sweet son is now over 21 months old. I understand now what the books mean by "language explosion". It is so amazing to witness. He is picking up new words and phrases each day. I can tell he loves to learn and he is so proud of himself. Some days at home are monotonous and not fun at all, but lately, I have been so thankful and happy to be here every day.

New Words and Phrases:

"Bless You!" ("Bwess you!")

"Baby Sister" ("BeeBee sistow")

"Help you" (Meaning, "help me", pronounced "hep you")

"Bee!" (Starfall) He calls it "B" even though we do all the letters.

He also loves to help around the house. He can do most simple commands, like "Please put this in the trash", or "Go get a diaper for Becca". It is just so neat to see a baby grow into a toddler and little boy. I know countless other mommies have witnessed the exact same thing, but I am so thankful to the Lord for my unique little boy and the immense blessing it is to have healthy and joyful children. Not a day goes by where I am not blown away by the enormity of the responsibility God has entrusted me with and also by the blessing He has given me in healthy, responsive children. I know my situation could be so very different, yet God chooses to bless me at this time in my life. Thank you, Father.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails