#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Friday, February 8, 2008

How I love a good game! I am participating in this one partly for the love of all things game, and partly because the book closest to me was The Purpose of God: Ephesians- an Exposition of Ephesians (Sproul) , not one of the other lame books I like to fill my brain with. Coincidentally, it is sitting close to Humility: True Greatness (Mahaney). I felt none of this humility as I got excited to think about how super I am for having the Ephesians book nearby. Oh, wretched woman that I am! (By the way, both of these books were lying within arms' reach of Colon Health and World's Best Kept Diet Secrets. )

So, p. 123, 1st three sentences after sentence 5:

"This is not to be done slavishly, out of servile fear or out of some rigid, stoical desire for rule-0keeping, but rather for a profound desire to express out love for the Father. ... Paul, as he did in chapter 4, comes back to the importance of the speech of the Christian: Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving (verse 4). Elsewhere he commends a kind of speech that is 'seasoned with salt' (Col 4:6).

Thanks to my good friend Brandy, I get to participate in this virtual game. I visit her site daily for some brain food. I can't tell if reading Brandy's well-written, well-thought-out musings make me feel smarter or dumber, but I love reading her blog just the same.


I had three people immediately jump to mind. Tag, friends!
Love of my life, the Frenzel Three, and my sister-in-law

Blessings to you all and thank you for the adult interaction I receive through your love and friendship!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails