#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nature and Newman's Own

This morning we had the pleasure of visiting Hart Flat. Our friends will be building their home there in the next year and the children and I went up to see the home site. What a beautiful reminder of God's creation. Even though this late winter/early spring weather has been gorgeous, house-to-house suburbs just cannot compare to sprawling hills and a seasonal creek. Don't get me wrong, I love living in the suburbs. I enjoy walking to Sam's Club and having neighbors close by (the yippy dog next door, on the other hand, I could do without).

We hiked around their property and I got to share in my girlfriend's dream for a bit. She and her husband are sitting together each night to draw up plans, pick out cabinets, and decide where to put a deck to maximize the view. It reminds me of a line from My Little Book About God:
"God gives us hopes and wishes and dreams, plans for our grown-up years ahead."


I have never seen a donkey close up, and we got to see two! We also saw horses and cows. Jackson loved it- he even got to pet a horse's nose.

* * *

Has anyone else had a Newman's Own Oreo? They are wheat-free and dairy-free. I got them yesterday and I can't stop eating them. I think I am going to throw them away. But they are really good...



2 comments:

Brandy Vencel said...

Sounds like a beautiful trip. The children and I like to drive there from time to time. Or at least we did before gas prices went up! :) But I know what you mean about nature vs. suburbia. We keep looking longingly at homes on at least 1/2 an acre, zoned so that we could have chickens and a goat. Then you could have a field trip to our house!

In other news...I had NO IDEA Newman's Own made Oreos! But I need some for E.'s birthday cake this year. Where did you get them? He wants a garden cake, and it'd be perfect to grind them up and make "dirt"!

Thanks for bringing the co-op order to my house. You really rescued me yesterday, Jen. Wish I had been here so you could have come in for a while.

Jennifer said...

Where else? :) The co-op. How I love a good dirt cake! Type in "Newman's Own cookies". I found them when I was looking through the sale catalog.

I really hope that you do get a home with property for animals! Great teaching opportunities abound. You can bet we will do many field trips to the (x) Family Farm and Gluten Free/ Casein Free Bakery.

Thanks for reading and writing, friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails