#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Monday, August 31, 2009

Car Seat Canopy

We are back after a lovely long weekend in Laughlin, NV with the Fabulous Frenzels. We laid by the pool most hours of the day, taking breaks only for food and naps. What a perfect way to holiday with a toddler and a preschooler!

I was able to finish my sister-in-law's baby present right before we left. I can't wait to give it to her, along with her sling! She wanted a car seat canopy, something I had not heard of until she sent me a link to a website. I got an idea for a design, but it seemed rather bulky. Staci asked for a front cover, rather than a whole-seat-cover.
The fabric is from, well, you know...Stace picked it out herself and I love it! I sewed little straps onto each side of the reversible canopy. I attached velcro to some cute polka-dotted ribbon and threaded the ribbon through the straps. Then I used this tutorial to make some pretty pinwheel bows. I put alligator clips on the backs of the bows so they can come off of the ribbon for easy washing. Finally, I made a nursing clip to attach to the straps when it is time for baby boy's meals. He'll be here so soon...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails