#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Monday, December 27, 2010

3 December Posts, Baby!


Christmas 2010.

We had four last year, now we have five. The kids are getting more verbal and independent. I feel older. Beau feels older. He thinks his body is working against him. This, apparently, is a new feeling for the man. Myself, I have been pregnant multiple times and am thankful to the Lord whenever my body has a good day. Can I get an "amen"?

Rebecca got a LeapPad for Christmas. It has a pen that "reads" and asks questions to her. One of the questions was, "What is your favorite animal?"

The answer? "Heffalumps".

Of course.

Are you in my stage in life? Do you have older and wiser women regularly tell you that this is the best time in life with your children? It used to annoy me, I heard it so often. But I am thankful for this reminder. I can see how this is the best time in life with these little treasures (that often make me want to shut myself in a dark, soundproof room). One is napping, two are playing quietly with new, old-fashioned, uncomplicated toys. The house is getting clean on my slow schedule (with time out to blog, finally!). We don't worry about school, lessons, classes, friend problems, emotional outbursts. Christmas was magical and simple. We all eat meals together. We talk about all sorts of little things all day. We try to work as a team. I love this time. It is physically draining but emotionally fulfilling. God is good, to bring this formerly self-absorbed sinner into a new life with Him, and into motherhood. It is not what I planned for my life, but His ways are so much better than ours, no? PS- I am still self-absorbed. I just can't indulge that all the time like I used to....

I love to mother, to cook, to clean, to craft, to keep the home, to be with my family. I pray the Lord has this little simple bubble of a time period for me as long as possible. I can't think of anything more lovely. I hope I can be as genuine and loving as possible when I one day walk past a disheveled, exhausted young mother and quietly share with her how precious and fleeting this time is for her.

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I love this week just for all of those reasons. It is such a nice quiet week from all the hustle and bustle. So glad you had a nice Christmas.

Swimwife said...

I love your outlook on our stage of life! I love how thankful you are. I love how you love your husband and your family. I love how you love, me and encourage me daily! I am so thankful for you and that the Lord made us Woodwards so that we can go through this stage of life together! I pray that we go through all of lifes stages together as sisters and friends! Love you

Kessie said...

I feel the same. Some days it's a blessing to have small children, and other days, I have to lock myself in the bathroom to get a little sanity back.

But I know God is building all of our characters through this, so as long as I keep my mind on Him, my days are much more bearable.

Jennifer said...

Hi everybody! Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. Thanks for the reminder, Kessie and Stace, to keep my mind focused on Him!

Hi there, Farm Girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails