#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Are you troubled? In need of comfort? Aren't we all at times?

God desires to be our only comfort. Every worldly, temporary thing we put our trust in will fade away or disappoint us. The eternal God never changes, never fades, never grows weary.

By no accident, the Lord has me studying Isaiah 40 this week. I want to share it all with you. It is so rich and beautiful.

11 He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.

This verse is my favorite, as it describes my stage in life right now and I feel the Lord speaks it to me daily. He speaks it to you, too. :)

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
These verses also bring such comfort to my soul! My immediate family is not under direct attack right now, but the tempest is surely swirling around us. The steadfast word of the Lord is surely the anchor of our souls, and these verses do anchor my soul.

I love the contrast picture of human frailty and God's strength. We all grow faint and weary as we walk and run through life, but the God of the universe never faints and never grows weary. Thank the Lord.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails