#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Break-Up

It's just not working out any more. You take up too much of our time.

No, it's not you. It's us.

Good-bye for now, cable TV. You are expensive and unnecessary. I'm surprised we were together for this long, frankly.

I will miss all of the good times we had together. Goodbye, Curious George. How I loved that you would teach my children numbers and counting. Goodbye, Hawaii Five-O. I liked your music and your fun setting. Goodbye, CNBC's Fast Money. I really won't miss you at all. Now I get my husband for that 45 minutes every night. So there.

I had to console my son. No, we are not actually getting rid of the physical TV. It will stay in its place of prominence in our living room. We can still watch movies. Just not cable TV.

Oh, 30 Rock!
Oh, So You Think You Can Dance!

Really, it is better this way.
At least that is what I am told.

6 comments:

Kessie said...

Eh, we got rid of ours a long time ago. If you want to watch a show, then just use hulu.com or one of those sorts of sites. And youtube is chock-full of every kid's cartoon there is.

And in a pinch, there's Netflix, but it costs money. :-)

Farm Girl said...

Yes, Jennifer there is life after cable. I know it is hard but we haven't had cable in 30 years. Wow, has it been that long? My kids never had it growing up and my grown up ones don't have it now. Just think of all of the money you will be saving. You can watch hulu if you have too and Netflix has so much that you can watch on instant. Really, you won't miss it at all. In fact life will be better because now you are in control of the programming you allow in your house.
I am proud of you.

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

I second the Netflix idea. We watch instant streaming through our Wii almost every time the TV is on. Also you can still get PBS through regular TV so no need to say goodbye to Curious George :-)

Brandy Vencel said...

Congratulations, girl. It's a hard step, I know, but you do get used to it after a while. Now that we are used to not having it, I wonder where people get the time to watch it! It is weird how that happens...

;)

Kara Haushalter said...

we have never had cable, We ge the basic channels and PBS but that's it. We do spend $8 a month on NetFlix for the WII and we love it! Good for you!

Jennifer said...

Encouragement! Thanks, ladies. If you all can do it, maybe we will be ok! We do have Netflix, which I am sure will be well loved in the coming months. Thanks for the comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails