#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Non-Kebabs!

I went to make kebabs last night for dinner.

I had no skewers! Nuts.

I often get rid of unnecessary things around my house. My dear mother is a pack rat, and an abundance of "stuff" in my living space makes me agitated. However, this practice sometimes backfires.

Like when company is coming for dinner in 45 minutes.

I called my sister-in-law. She had skewers, but she lives 15 minutes away.

I called my dear friend who lives 5 minutes away. She had five skewers.

I called a friend who lives 2 minutes away. She had run into the exact same problem not a week earlier.

That friend and I. Our brains often misfire the same way.

During our conversation and commiseration, I realized I had a grill basket! Covered in pet fur (I have not had a cat for over a year...shame). and dirt, sitting on the side of my refrigerator.

I put that marinated kebab mess in my grill basket in two batches. Success!

Delicious success!

I get the most compliments on my dinners when I have no idea what the hell I am doing.
I wish I had a better picture, but that is it. Marinated in soy sauce, orange muscat vinegar, olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper. Yummy. Bell peppers, mango sausage, sun-dried tomato sausage, pineapple, mushrooms, steak pieces, tomatoes, red onion...


The peanut gallery.
And the quote for the day:

"Christian living is frustrating when we forget Scripture's basic ethical imperative: 'be what you already are'. Our repeated sins lead us to conclude that we are fundamentally unholy, as opposed to righteous in Christ. This often leads us to think that we must simply work harder. Such moralism pushes true sanctification far away, and it breeds discouragement, apathy, and the lowering of God's standards". -Putting Sin to Death (Ligonier.org)

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

Well I think it look yummy and so often lots of things I do turn out because I don't know what I am doing. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails