There are a few reasons I have not really felt like blogging lately, but I think I am ready to post. I am sure my posts won't be very regular, but I really do miss writing about things. And having a reason to upload my pictures to the darn computer.
Here is what is going on over in our little family...
- Less than a month to go until baby gets here
- Lots of sickness coming and going in the house
- School going well for Jackson
- I took a leave of absence from BSF leadership until after the baby. We still attend class, though.
- Reading and researching a lot of paleo/primal nutrition and creating a family framework
- Figuring out how to wisely deal with transitioning from disciplining/ teaching an older child for attitude instead of disobedience
Whew. While the blog has been quiet, we have been busy.
Of course, the two things that take a lot of my attention are preparing for baby and researching nutrition for my family.
This pregnancy, I have incorporated a whole new nutritional platform and I have seen the benefits so clearly during the last nine months. Are you familiar with the paleo/primal way of eating? I was not, really, so I got as much information as I could via books and my favorite, Google. How I love reading blogs :)
While in pregnancies past, I have struggled with nausea, excessive weight gain, a foggy head, carpal tunnel syndrome, achy legs, and insomnia, with this pregnancy, all of these problems have been lessened or removed. This is not to say I am scooting through an entire pregnancy as a smiling earth mama. There are hard days. But truly, it has been the easiest pregnancy so far.
God is gracious, and knew I could not handle another difficult pregnancy. But additionally, I was led toward this school of nutritional thought.
I hope to post a few specifics of what I have incorporated, just to share with you. Not everyone loves this kind of stuff like I do, but I hope that a few ideas can help mamas that are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
I plan to write a short, probably boring, series on Paleo Pregnancy.
Since pregnancy is such a large chunk of many of our lives, after all. ;)
Until then. Whenever that may be!