#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dessert in a Hurry- Apricot Kolachy

Is it Thursday already?

I love getting new recipes off of friends' blogs, so I want to share one with you. I had a lovely friend a few years ago named Fiona. She and her husband have since moved around the world and I only occasionally get to chat with her via email; however, she left me with fond impressions of the English. She also left me with some great memories of Settlers of Catan, and with the experience of eating her homemade "kolachies". I have tried to replicate her recipe a few times, with disappointing results.

Then I found Pillsbury Recipe Creations sheet dough! I have used this single-sheet dough for appetizers, main dishes, and now, dessert. It is new, so it has been on sale (2/ $5.00) at local grocery stores since Christmas. Use a single sheet for this Kolachy recipe. I wouldn't recommend using it often because there is not one single health-beneficial ingredient in the poppin-fresh dough, but it makes a pretty dish for get-togethers with friends.

Semi-Homemade Attempt at Fiona's Fully Homemade Jam Kolachy Recipe:

1 Canister Pillsbury Recipe Creations Dough

1 8 oz. container cream cheese

15 Tablespoon-serving sizes of jam of your choice ( I used home-made apricot and blackberry)

Instructions:

1. Cut the dough into 15 equal-sized squares.
2. Roll and pinch the edges to create a small pie crust
3. Fill with 1.5 Tbs of cream cheese and spread to edges of pastry shell.
4. Top each pastry with 1 Tbs. assorted jelly (mine is from the kitchen of my mother-in-law).
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-16 minutes. Serve warm.
C.A.- thanks for your encouragement this week! Blessings to you as you serve your family today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails