#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Friday, October 30, 2009

The "Mother of Young-uns" Pumpkin Patch

I love the pumpkin patch. I love fall. I love dressing warmly and taking fun pictures and stopping by Starbucks for a warm drink on the way home.

But I am pregnant. And I have two Preschoolers. And there was no time this year. But there is always next year (If, as our sweet elderly friend used to say, "The good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise).

Anyway,

We went to Target to get our pumpkins and our carving kit. A savvy mommy might put some thought into this plan...brand new Target....two days before Halloween...maybe not. Target did not have what we needed. But we had a lot of fun getting a few things we did not need.

So we trekked to Vons, where I was certain I had recently seen bins and bins of lovely pumpkins for sale.

No bins.

We ventured inside the store and found the produce guy. Said produce guy led us to the measly selection of GIANT, HEAVY pumpkins and we picked one out. I did not think I wanted to spend $9.00 on each giant pumpkin, so I asked about the price of the smallish white pumpkins.

Kind produce guy said, "I'm not sure, but if I don't sell them, we have to trash them. You can have it for three dollars."

Yahoo!

With the pumpkins and a cheap (the knife broke after one pumpkin) carving kit, I spent about $18.00 on pumpkin paraphernalia. It really made me miss the pumpkin patch.

But we did get some pictures!
Is there anything better than seeing a moment between father and child? Jackson was so happy to be helping his Daddy. Tongue picture #1

Tongue picture #2Tongue picture #3

I hear it is easier to lift pumpkins if you stick your tongue out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails