#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lymph System

There are dozens of reasons to love exercise. My mother was constantly in motion when I was a little girl- she still is- and I grew to love exercise as a result. I don't feel right at the end of the day if I can't move a little during the day.

But here is a new reason I am loving it- it keeps my lymph system healthy. According to (yes) Suzanne Somers, author of Breakthrough: Eight Steps to Wellness- Life-Altering Secrets from Today's Cutting-Edge Doctors, here is a synopsis of the Lymph System:

"The lymphatic system is a complicated network of vessels, ducts, and nodes that moves fluid between the cells and tissues and produces and distributes the infection-fighting and -scavenging cells of the body. It feeds literally every tissue and organ. It feeds the blood and is the transportation highway for the immune and repair functions of the body."

But the lymph system, unlike the circulatory or digestive system, does not regulate itself. We have to do our part to clean our lymph system. The only way to do that is to move one's body. Isn't that amazing?

1 comment:

Kessie said...

Wow, that is really interesting. I think I'll go for a walk now. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails