#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Friday, September 3, 2010

Side Effects

If I were to discourage you from eating a nourishing, "traditional" diet, I would tell you about one of its side effects.

It is almost a dealbreaker.

Why I Love Fall Reason #4- The Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. It re-emerges every September 1, and I have been waiting three whole days for the perfect time to go get one.

I got one this morning and was so excited to inhale the fall-ish aroma.

I took my first sip.

I almost spat it out.

Yuck
! What in the world? It tastes almost exactly like how I remember it from years past...only...chemical-y-er. As if all I could taste were chemicals.

On the plus side, I will be saving approximately $70 this fall. Beau will be so proud. On that note, I'll re-share how to recreate pumpkin coffee at home. It looks like this will be the only way this mommy will be enjoying her spicy pumpkin goodness for the season.

In your grinder,
Pour in enough beans for a whole pot of coffee.
Add 1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie seasoning.

Brew and enjoy.

5 comments:

Meg said...

That's a little unnerving. I wonder what they put in it? That's the problem with home cooking though. You really get spoiled on the good stuff. ;)

Brandy Vencel said...

HA!

These sorts of things have happened to me a lot lately. Funny and disappointing all at once.

In the book The Diet Cure that I wrote about this week, she had a smoothie recipe that uses whole coconut milk and pumpkin puree with pie-like spices. I am going to work on my own version later this fall and then post the recipe if it is any good. You might like it!

Jennifer said...

Oh Brandy, that sounds heavenly! Please do share. I want to read those books also!

Meg, "the good stuff" is why I read your blog! I love What's Cookin'!

Kessie said...

That's all it is? Coffee with pumpkin pie spice? Heck, I'll experiment with putting some into my little 1 pot of coffee and see what I can come up with. Any milk or syrup, do you think?

Jennifer said...

I'm excited for you to try it, NR :) I add milk, that's all. Sometimes stevia. Let me know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails