#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Encouragment

I mother very young children. There is a lot of this going on in my house:

"no!"

"ahh! don't do that!"

"obey or else!"

And other things to that effect. I think you know what I mean. Discipline sessions involve Scripture. Daily family time includes Scripture. I haven't really thought much about using Scripture to encourage. Encouraging times are outweighed by teaching times most days around here. Teaching times are good, as these three little hearts are young and tender. But I want to make sure I pepper the teaching with enough sweetness to keep us all going strong.

And at Bible Study this week, our "Home Training Lesson" was on Commending Spiritual Attributes. Can't we all use a little commendation now and again? Obviously, not too much. Not in a falsely flattering kind of way. But in a real, truthful, godly kind of way.

So here is what I will be trying to think about more during our days together. I want to "seek to encourage the development of worthwhile and eternal qualities in each child" I am entrusted with.

FORGIVENESS: (Matthew 6:14-15)

SELF-CONTROL: (Proverbs 25:28)

TRUSTWORTHINESS: (1 Timothy 3:11)

FAIRNESS: (Colossians 4:1)

PRUDENCE: (Proverbs 12:23)

OBEDIENCE: (2 John 1:6)

KINDNESS: (Galatians 5:22)

GENTLENESS: (Colossians 3:12)

PATIENCE: (Hebrews 6:12)

THANKFULNESS: (Colossians 4:2)

TRUTHFULNESS: (Proverbs 12:22)

DILIGENCE: (Hebrews 6:10-12)

FAITHFULNESS: (2 Peter 1:5-7)

ORDERLINESS (Colossians 2:5)

GENEROSITY: (Psalm 112:5)

LOVE: (Matthew 5:43-48)

LOYALTY: (Isaiah 26:3)

Do you have any others to share?

1 comment:

Swimwife said...

Sister, I love this post!! Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails