#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Friday, October 10, 2008

Playdates and Crafts




Sometimes as a mother, I feel like the child. When we do things that are fun for the kids, little girl Jennie comes out. My girlfriend Fletcher came over on Thursday with her daughter and our three collective children made some Halloween crafts. I take no credit; Fletcher had the idea and brought the supplies. But I was so glad she did! I needed a mental break from the enemy's arrows. It has been one thing after another recently, and I was so thankful for a time of rest and refreshment. I have been meditating on this verse for a few days:

"My soul finds rest in God alone. My salvation comes from Him. He is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I shall never be shaken". Ps. 62:1-2

I memorized this verse years ago while doing a study and it has been flooding through my mind recently. The Lord is so faithful in renewing my spirit. I know that times of trial produce spiritual growth, so that is where my joy lies right now. I also feel like a child when I come before the Lord in prayer. I truly don't know what to say sometimes- I feel as though I can't bear to repeat the same thing to Him again. Like a child, I just rest in His arms. He is my comfort and my strength. And He has given my my earthly rock, my husband, who I see doing the same thing. What an encouragement to a wife! I praise Him daily that He has given us to each other anew as believers who do our earthly best to follow Him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails