#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Volkslauf 2008







My studly husband ran the Volkslauf this morning. I am waiting for the time results to post, but it looked like he placed within the top 15 competitors for the 5k. This mud run is an exciting charity event- this year's race boasted 3000 competitors! The Marine Corps of Bakersfield sponsor, prep, and run the race, which consists of mud pits, military-grade obstacle walls, and a menagerie of uniformed men and women shouting, "Move it! Hoo-rah!"

It was a sight to see. I have never been on the viewing side of the Volkslauf. I have been goaded into racing it twice to date, and while I am not a threat to anyone, I do enjoy the thrill of finishing a race. And I think Beau felt the same today. It is such a sweet feeling to accomplish something, especially amidst a time of so many variables in our lives at this time!

Beau was able to run with his good friend Mark, and a new friend, Chris. We wives were thrilled to be able to cheer on our husbands. The kids loved seeing Daddy run and jump and swim and wave. Sign up early next year!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails