#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Monday, August 10, 2009

Little Man

All of the sudden, my tiny baby boy is a very young man. Beau and I were talking this weekend about how Jackson has been slowly maturing. He engages in conversation with us and with his peers (adorable to hear!). His coordination is improving- he skipped down the road on Saturday and he is catching almost every Frisbee his Daddy throws at him. He is beginning to understand discipline and the reason for discipline. He has distinct favorites- books, colors, foods, people. He had a babysitter on Friday night and for the first time, he did not get upset at all. He actually got more animated and excited when Carolyn got here.

A mommy can get quite encouraged.

This morning, he came to me and asked for something to eat. He was building blocks in the back room and said, "I'm hungry, but I would like something that doesn't make a mess on the carpet".

We settled on pistachios.

I can ask him to do simple tasks and he will not only comply, but complete the task very satisfactorily. I hear him say to his sister in the car, "Don't cry. Just relax. It's okay." We are enjoying a sweet break from constant correcting and training. We can just talk at times, or create things together (he loves to use my "cutters" to cut fabric while I sew). His playtime is becoming more independent. He doesn't need me to guide him or entertain him regularly.

It is a treat to be able to watch this little creature grow into his personality. Being a stay-at-home mom is grueling and exhilarating, and I have never before had to lean on my Lord like I do these days. He is faithful. My prayer is that I am able to "laugh at the years to come", as the Proverbs 31 woman does. Periods like these make that seem quite possible.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails