#header-inner { margin: auto; }

Monday, April 9, 2012

He is Risen!

When you explain things to children, do they become that much more apparent to you? On Good Friday, we read the story of Judas' betrayal. And then the story of Peter's betrayal. And then I tried to explain to the children how we betray the Lord's love and trust every day. But Christ never did. What huge concepts for little minds to grasp! As I tried to explain these things simply, I was just overwhelmed by the true nature of God's sacrifice for us. I held my tiny new baby and realized that God turned His face from His Son and allowed Him to die, not for His own punishment, but for mine. And this tiny new baby's. I can't fathom that kind of love.

But then, miracle of all miracles- Christ did not stay dead. He rose and is risen. And He lives, seated at the right hand of the Father. He died for me and continues to intercede on my behalf. These are the things we think of when we realize we are not worthy.

Holidays' stressfulness seems to trump the quiet moments where we can reflect on how amazing our Lord is. Yesterday was no exception. Two family get-togethers, helping with the toddlers at Sunday School, cooking, baking, cleaning, parenting...

Thankfully, (!) I am still getting very quiet moments in the wee hours of the morning for reading my Bible and praying and thinking. It is fragmented and a little sleepy, but I am so glad God provides this quiet time for me. I don't get it during the rest of the day. When Chase starts sleeping through the night, I am going to have to dig deep to find some self-discipline to continue to find comparable quiet time.
Even though Easter was hectic, it was still lovely to spend the day with my sweet family.
And my handsome husband, still the person I would rather be around more than anyone else.

This one has been home from school for a whole week. It has been really nice to have him around. This picture is from the day of his Festival of Spring. I tried to dress him doctorly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails